Spinach and Feta Gozleme
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 ½ cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ to ½ cup extra flour
- 1 bunch spinach or 300g frozen
- ½ to ¾ cup lite tasty cheese
- 100g feta
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. To make dough, combine flours and add yoghurt. Mix with wooden spoon.
2. Kneed on a floured board until dough is no longer sticky (approximately two to three minutes). Add more flour if necessary.
3. Cut into 6 portions and roll each portion into a ball. Cover with damp tea towel or plastic cling film and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. To make filling, wash spinach.
5. In a frying pan, heat spinach and 1 tablespoon of water. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Set aside to cool.
6. Grate cheese and dice feta.
7. Give each portion of dough a quick kneed on a floured board. Roll each dough ball into a thin circle using a floured rolling pin.
8. Top half of dough with some spinach, grated cheese and feta. Make sure to leave some space around the edge (see picture 1).
9. Fold in half to enclose filling, trim edges (if necessary) and press edges with a folk to seal (picture 2)
10. Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the gozleme with oil.
11. Heat fry pan on medium heat. Place gozleme in pan, oil side down. Cook for three minutes or until browned.
12. Brush topside of gozleme with oil before flipping and cooking for a further two minutes.
13. Serve with lemon and a salad
Try using other fillings including chopped chicken, fried egg, cooked mince, tomatoes, red capsicum, fresh baby spinach, grated carrot.
More recipes to download
Traffic light gnocchi
Sweet potato, spinach & corn fritatta
Cauliflower and zucchini soup
Fruit kebabs with dipping yoghurt